Friday, August 23, 2013

Book Review: Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And other concerns) by Mindy Kaling


Finished this book with in a few days and enjoyed it from beginning to end. The night I got it and started reading it... the husband was already asleep and I struggled to keep still and quiet because I laughing so much.

The childhood pictures she shares? HILARIOUS. It made me feel a little more better of the fact that my mother put hair in two pig tails on a daily basis through the years of Kindergarden to Second Grade. Or whenever I started doing my own hair. I know it started young because I detested those pig tails. But after seeing the bowl cut Mindy was sporting at that age, I have a better appreciation, now, of those pig tails. 

Can I just say, I had no idea how much Mindy and I had in common? Seriously. My good friend recommended this book to me saying that it was basically our childhood and probably even current life to some extent. She wasn't kidding. I can definitely share in that awkward outcast stigma that I had during my elementary, middle, and high school years. Well, still to this day I should add.

Needless to say, thoroughly enjoyed this book. One can always use a little more laughter in one's life. If your in the market for a light and fun read, I recommend this one.

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment