Monday, October 21, 2013

Learning as I go...

Alright. I wanted to just write a quick post about changes going on in my career.

If there are two things I've learn during this is 1) Let God be in control and 2) Patience is key. Shamefully, I struggle in BOTH areas. I will admit, that I tend to be the control freak and like to take my life and career in my hands and make things happen. I was like this growing up and it just grew exponentially once I entered the corporate world. I mean, this is the message that is given with respect to career performance and growth. One must own your career and make every necessary action to improve and not wait for some

Well, let me just say, that I did it ALL. For years (that's right years) I worked hard, I networked, I improved my skills and knowledge, I made myself VISIBLE... Yet, the door would be slammed in my face every time I applied for a job promotion. Heck, even for lateral job roles. One word. Discouraging. I did everything they tell you to do and still was finding myself stuck in the same rut I had been for years.

Then a few weeks ago, I was sharing with the ladies in my life group my job situation and asked that they pray for my career and for me, that I learn to put it in God's hands. I know God is omnipotent and knows all and I shouldn't doubt in His ability to make things happen. But still, I wrestle with giving up my control. So I asked them to keep me in their prayers and I would learn to be patient and let God be in control.


This morning I received a phone call from my director, whom in the past I've shared my desire and struggle to make the career change, telling me that she was able to work out a job tour for me in HR. This people, is huge! This will allow me to gain direct work experience in HR which has been the missing piece on my resume. Not only did this great opportunity open up but it should start at the beginning of next month! That is like two weeks from now, so I have a lot of preparation and transitioning of work to do.

God never ceases to amaze me.

I am so looking forward to this new chapter in my career and welcome the change. I may even be planning to celebrate by purchasing a cute notebook for note taking. Why not? ;)

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment