Sunday, February 16, 2014

Celebrating Love.

Be advised, I made sure to take lots of pictures! Be prepared for picture overload.

This weekend was just what the doctor ordered for me after the not so great week I had last week. The husband kicked off the Valentine's weekend with a pre-celebration Thursday evening when I got home. He had a rose and a tray of chocolated covered strawberries (my fave!) that he made waiting for me. Silly that I am, I forgot to take a picture of the presentation he did because I was too busy scarfing down the strawberries!

On Friday evening, we kept it very casual. We knew it would be crazy busy at the restaurants etc because of the occassion. My special request for the evening was to have a heart shaped pizza from Papa John's. Cheap date. We then made a dessert run to Don Pan and brought our dessert home to enjoy with a glass of Rosa Regale (another fave!).


The next day I spent the morning, sipping some coffee while reading some blogs and snuggling with my little cuddlebug. She was freshly bathed so she was extra cuddly.

That afternoon the husband had a little surprise, which he may have accidentally given away right before while talking. Hehe. He planned a tea date at my fave tea room. He knows how to make me happy. We enjoyed some tasty scones, mini sandwiches and dessert with our tea. The tea, by the way, was delicious! It is called Strawberry Kiss and is a black tea with strawberry and chocolate. Umm. HELLO? Could it get any better? Needless to say, the Mr. bought a tin of that tea to have at home along with the sugar we used. Too excited to have some at home!


That evening we had tickets to go watch Once at the theater in downtown. Prior to this, I had never heard of this show which apparently was a movie and book. Who knew? The storyline is based in Ireland, about a guy and girl who meet and she encourages him to make music and go after his love in New York. The music was AMAZING! Just purchased the soundtrack.


It was also different from other shows I have seen because they actually allowed people to go up on the stage prior to show beginning then during the show to get drinks. You can see the crowd on stage in the picture. I was a little hesitant at first because of this set up but was very pleased with the show and definitely recommend to all you show-goers!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

XO


No comments:

Post a Comment