Monday, February 24, 2014

Pinterest and Desserts.

Happy Monday!
 
So far, this week is off to a good start. Of course, I was already asking the Mr. about weekend plans by 9am but that's besides the point.
 
Last night, I hosted a Girl's Night IN that I dearly titled "Pinterest, Desserts and Wine, oh my!". Except we ended up not having any wine because the ladies that accepted weren't exactly wine drinkers. That's okay.
 
I decided on this pin for my craft of the evening. I love the mason jar glitter look and definitely wanted to add this to the decor in my girl cave.
 
Of course, there was some prep work involved. Needed to spray paint the jar and allow to dry for a couple hours. So I made sure to do that first thing when we got back from running errands.
 
 
As you can see, Gracie supervised my work to make sure everything was going according to plan. Isn't she just the cutest thing ever?
 
After I painted, I started getting the place ready for guests. I cleaned while the husband prepared the  dessert. We had a little hiccup in the recipe... learned that you can't make chocolate pudding using almond milk. Will remember that for next time. So instead of three layers, there were two. Either way the dessert looked and tasted amazing!
 
I also bought some mixed fruit and prepared a very easy fruit dip (two ingredients: cream cheese and marshmellow fluff) for my health conscience friends.
 
 
After satisfying my sweet tooth, I finished off the rest of my Pinterest craft. Here is the final look.
 

Love how they turned out. Super cute!

However, I have one minor complaint and I guess I should have known better. This gets glitter EVERY WHERE! Like I have to make sure I find a spot and it stays put. You may or may not be able to see the glitter sprinkled around the jar. That wasn't intentional.

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment