Friday, February 14, 2014

This Week.

TGIF.

Honestly, this week has been a long and not so great week for me. I feel like my person and character has really been tested at work. I haven't felt this way in a long time and I realize it's because the group I work with now is a younger group of people. In my previous role, I worked with an older group and I just feel that they had more respect for their colleagues and weren't as catty. Although I feel, at times, I can relate more with my new group, I do experience some nuances that I wouldn't have with the previous group.

So what happened this week you are probably asking... Well, one scenario... I was pretty much grilled for my political view. First of all, politics should not be discussed at work. This is actually a rule at work because it's a sensitive subject where some people have very strong views and can make things uncomfortable, real quick. I know because that is what happened to me. What's crazy is that the discussion started being about weather on a news channel and transitioned to politics. Yes. Quite a jump. Oh also, my credibility (not sure if that's the right word) for being Latina was criticized. Needless to say, I did not let the conversation continue. I simply smiled and continued my work, even though down on the inside I wanted to battle it out. It's just not professional and shouldn't happen in the work place.

Then to end of that day, I was stuck in traffic due to weather and took me 2.5 hours to get home! For some reason, people here forget how to drive when there is rain. Thank goodness we don't get snow. It would be a game over for us.

My week also included:
  • Being questioned for liking pink. Not by just one person, but several. Who knew that the fact that I own things in pink would put me on the hot seat? Really people? Get over it.
  • Oh also, having the team talk about me because of a review I did on their documentation. Excuse me for my use of correct grammar and formatting. You know, it's one thing to talk about a person when they are not around. Not nice but it happens. It's another to be near that person and acknowledge it by saying "Oh she is probably hearing us talk about her.."
Hello, high school all over again.

Needless to say, I am really happy it's Friday AND Valentine's Day weekend! I was welcomed home last night with a rose, chocolate covered strawberries and new charm to add to my charm bracelet. So nice, to come home to the arms of the one you love.... it makes everything better.

Happy Valentine's Day you all!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment