Sunday, March 9, 2014

Girls Night: Nachos, Chimichangas, and Now & Then.

Happy Sunday to you! Seriously, the weather has been amazing this weekend! High 60s low 70s. Doesn't get any better than that. I made sure to do my best to enjoy being outdoors and take advantage of the beautiful days. I know that once it gets closer to spring/summer, it will be unbearably hot and humid. Meaning indoors for me. We did some things outdoor which I took pictures and will blog about later.

Today I want to talk about my girls night last night with this pretty gal.


Please excuse the blurred image. Apparently I have a shaky hand.

Elizabeth is her name, although she goes by Liz. I may be one of the few that call her by her full name. Not sure. I like the name I guess. She was one of my first gals I met when I moved to FL. Oh, and she has blog too. Go visit.

We stayed indoors to have dinner/dessert and watch a movie. Had a great time! You know you are old, when you have more fun staying in than going out. Ha. We had a trip down memory lane. We made nachos while listening to Backstreet Boys on a little boombox. Hello high shool years.


As you can see by the pictures, we did not cheap out in layering our nachos. And yes, those are aluminum foiled containers typically used for baking. Don't hate. Calorie counting was non-existent that evening.

After we devoured our dinner (every bit of it), we began the dessert making. Elizabeth found this recipe on pinterest and we took up to the challenge. Now to be honest, when I saw the recipe instructions, which involved frying, and the picture of the final product, I wasn't too hopeful. But let me tell you, Elizabeth handled the frying part like a pro. Don't get me wrong, there were a few grunts here and there, and quick moves with a skewer to keep the filling inside the chimichanga.


And yes, I did help with the making of the chimichangas. I just stayed away from the frying. I know my limits.

But in the end, presentation was lovely and the chimichangas themselves were delicious.


As we enjoyed our dessert, we started up the movie. We want to watch an oldie and decided on Now and Then.

Okay. So let's talk about this movie. I think the last time I watched this movie was definitely pre-teen years. I was still living in Ohio. I LOVED this movie because it had Devon Sawa. Remember him? One of the many teen bop boy celebrities. I remember my friends and I drooling over him during this movie. Then watching it now, I began to question my taste in boys when I was younger. Granted, I am way older and he was just a kid. But really, not that cute like I made him out to be when I was younger. Ever look at old school class pictures and see the boy crush you have the biggest crush on and think, really? What were you thinking? Happens to me all the time.

Okay, I digress. So watched the movie. Some parts I remembered, some I didnt. Made me wish I had lived near my closest friends growing up so that we could go bike riding and getting into trouble. *sigh* Hopefully, I will have a daughter one day and she can have a close circle of friends. One day.

OH, and I can't forget about this little man. Mr. Machismo trying to act like a stuffed animal on the shelf. Ha.


Can't wait for our next girl's dinner and movie night!!!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment