Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Handwritten Notes.

Let me start off by saying, that I appreciate technology and all the convenience it has brought us. Television, Cell Phones, GPSs, Laptops etc. Wonderful.

But, I do feel that it has been the death of face to face social skills. Like seriously, when did it become okay to break up over text? I haven't had it happen to me personally, but have heard stories. #SMH

Even more, the beauty in handwritten in notes. Personally, I love when I receive a note in the mail. Doesn't happen often, sadly. Don't get me wrong. I don't object to emails, FB comments, texts etc. But it just doesn't compare to hold a physical card and seeing the written words.

So, I've taken it upon myself, to make a personal goal of handwriting more letters. I just finished writing thank you cards for all those who attended my 30th birthday party. I think its more personal and meaningful. Even though it's going into the trash once read. That's besides the point. I figure if I am gonna complain about the non-existent hand written letters, I should be an example and start doing it myself.



Oh, and somebody must have read my mind because I was recently given a stationary pack which made me super happy. Totally writing letters to friends in Ohio.

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment