Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day.

(source)

Today we remember those who gave their life for their country. No greater love than this than he that gives his life for a friend.

I couldn't be more grateful for the troops that serve this country. What a sacrifice to make for people they don't know and unfortunately aren't always grateful.

They leave friends and family to go out to the battlefield and fight for our freedom. That alone, wow. I mean, I never had a dry eye when I watch the videos of troops returning home and surprising their family and loved ones. I couldn't imagine having to experience that with my family.

So as you celebrate today with friends and family... remember our troops who are overseas fighting for us. Say a little prayer for them.

Lord, watch over our troops. Provide them protection from the enemy. Strength when they feel weak. Peace when they are worried. Comfort when they are sad. Healing when they are hurt. Bring them home safely.

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment