Friday, May 23, 2014

Mission Repair Hair.

One of the things that has suffered lately is my hair. My hair has always been something that I have prided myself. I have always had very healthy shiny hair. My hair stylist always brags about it. But recently, that has not been the case. Its very dry and brittle. I have been losing a lot of hair which has been the worst part of all this. Now that I am following doctor's orders, I should start to see improvements but want to take additional steps to care for my hair.

So during my last hair appointment, I was chatting with my hair stylist and she recommended some things.

It's been a week since I started taking biotin. I have heard lots of people who take biotin and have seen an improvement in their hair. Waiting to see the results...

A while back, when my stylist first mentioned to me about the wet brush. I had no interest in it. I usually comb through my hair with a wide tooth comb and it worked just fine. Plus, I didn't buy into the story that it made brushing through wet hair easier. Well, I am now eating my words. This brush really does work! There may by some areas where I have to work a little more, but it really does brush right through. Why didn't they make this when I was a kid and had to endure the pain and agony of my mom brushing my hair? Ouch. I bought this brush for like $6-7 at Sally's.

Right now, my hair is dry so it needs more moisture. She recommeded doing a hair masque at least once a week. No more than that, to avoid making my hair flat. So I purchased the Biolage Color Bloom Masque. I am already using the shampoo and conditioner from this product line and have enjoyed those. Also, it doesn't have parabens or sulphates which is a plus.

So that is my current hair care plan. That with better eating, I hope to start seeing some improvements soon!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment