Tuesday, June 3, 2014

30 Minutes a Day.

Last night the Mr. and I went for a walk around the neighborhood. Weather was cool and breezy. Just something about being outdoors that is refreshing and peaceful.
 

Yes, we have matching shoes. #twinning

The American Heart Association recommends 30 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic activity at least five times a week for a total of 150. So, I've made a goal to do some type of physical activity at least 30 minutes a day. Whether its walking, swimming, biking or doing work out videos.

An added bonus, the company I work for is a huge advocate for your health and being active. We have a program in which you get points when you do some type of physical activity. Five points each activity, up to four activities a month. Each point is worth a dollar. So that alone is $20 a month for being active! I am up to 55 points now. My goal is to save up enough points to get an Amazon gift card to purchase this Polar watch. Almost there.
(source)

Also, the husband and I have been tossing around the idea of purchasing a treadmill. Walking outdoors is usually tricky with Florida weather, either it's to hot outside or there is rainy season. We recently got rid of a desk we had on the first floor which opened up the perfect space for a treadmill. Although we currently have gym memberships, we honestly go to do cardio only. I don't really do classes or strength training... basically because I'm to intimidated to do that in front of people. So it would make sense to save the money we are putting towards the memberships and just have a treadmill at home. The convenience of being able to do it at home any time is awesome.

I am also planning to make space in my girl cave to do workout videos, yoga, and some strength training. Just some more motivation to hurry and get that room done!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment