Saturday, June 28, 2014

Celebrating the small victories.

This week has been a tough one for me emotionally. I go through these ups and downs where I am strong in the Lord and confident in His promises over my life and health. Then other times, like this week, where I feel like I can barely keep my head above water. Just when I feel like, I've had enough stuff to deal with and just need a break... More bad news comes my way.

In the midst of the crappy stuff going on, God still has a way of showing me He is there.

I went to the gym today to do my 30 minute walk of the treadmill. I have some hip problems so I typically stick to walking on the treadmill or the elliptical. Which this usually bugs me because I would love to be able to run. I wish I could do 5ks, half marathons etc.

Well, for whatever reason, I challenged myself to try to jog. The goal was five minutes. Five turned into ten which turned into fifteen. I was too happy for words! I can't remember the last time I was able to jog for more than two minutes without having pain shoot through my leg from my hip.

This small victory gave me hope. I have so needed that lately. God knew I needed that.

XO






No comments:

Post a Comment