Tuesday, June 10, 2014

My Fight Matters.

"Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called and about which you make the good confession in the presence of many witnesses." 1 Timothy 6:12

The current sermon series at our church is over the book of Timothy.

(source)

The title of last Sunday's sermon was "My Fight Matters". During the first portion, we went over the "before" the fight. Training and preparation involved etc. The second part stuck out to me a little more.

Who stays in the fight?

Those who have a life changing encounter with Jesus. This can be in various ways. Each experience is different. One being those who have a life changing experience that pulls them closer to God. I can say, that is what is happening to me now. In the past month, my relationship with God has increased ten fold. I find myself gripping to His word over my life and desiring to be in His presence more than ever. That is where I find peace. That is where I can cast my worries at His feet and know He hears my cry. Psalm 55:22 "Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken."

So easy to let life's experiences bring you down and make you want to give up. On God. On yourself. But you have to continue. Press forward. You have to know that YOU are worth the fight. You can get through it with God on your side. Philippians 4:13 "I can do all this through him who gives me strength." When you realize that you are worth fighting for, you fight for your life.

That is what I have learned these past weeks. Really a battlefield of the mind. Sometimes your mind can be your worst enemy. But I must stay steadfast and rely on the Lord. Isaiah 26:3 "You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast because he trusts in you." Not always easy, but possible.

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment