Sunday, July 13, 2014

Book Review: Spoken For



Finished reading this book last night. I learned about this book from someone's Instagram and thought I would read it. Alyssa is actually a blogger and co-wrote this book with Robin who is the author of the Christian teen series.... Truth be told, did not know of either prior to reading this book. But while browsing Alyssa's website, I learned that she is married to Jefferson Bethke, who made a statement with his "Why I hate Religion" video on Youtube. Over 27 million views. If you haven't seen it, here you go.


Small world.

In each chapter would start with an overall thought, then each author gave their thoughts and used personal experiences to speak to it. Then at the end of each chapter there were questions to think about. This would be great for a girls life group!

The premise behind the book is reminding us to know who we are in Christ. That He has called us to be His. We shouldn't feel that we aren't worthy of His love.

At the end of the second chapter, there is this list of verses from the Bible titled "What God Says About You". A great list to reflect on daily and just to say out loud, professing God's promise over your life. I want to write them either in my planner or some where I can see often.

Chapter 9 "You are Covered" probably hit home for me regarding fear of the future. Knowing that God is in control of everything. I need to be constantly reminded of that. As much as I try to tell myself and state it, I still worry. Drives me nuts. I feel it drain the life out of me and I don't want that. I guess it's all part of life and learning each day.

XO



No comments:

Post a Comment