Tuesday, December 23, 2014

The Phantom of the Opera.

Last night the Mr. had a special date night planned for us. He got us tickets to go see the new production of the Phantom of the Opera! This is my favorite musical. I've seen it twice before, once in sixth grade and the second time once older. I love love love this show. If I could see it every time it came to town, I would. Needless to say, I was a happy gal!


Check out that photo bomb. Ha.


This was during the intermission. At the end of the first half, the Phantom shoots down the chandellier and its comes falling down. My oppotortunity to take a picture of it :)


So, my thoughts on the new production? Amazing! New stage set up and more pyrotechnics. There was a lot of flinching and squinting going on. Lol.

Music was perfection as always. I love the music to this show. During the intermission I informed the Mr. that I want a piano and want to get piano lessons. Adding that to my 2015 goals list.

On a random note, I was not impressed with the person playing Raoul. He did not fit the character, lookswise. Kinda like Edward from Twilight. When you read the book and think of his character, Rob Pattinson just didn't look like what you imagine.

Love the show. One that I highly recommend for sure!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment