Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015 | Goals

Happy New Year!

Another year is upon us friends with another opportunity to start with a "blank page" in life. Can't necessarily erase the past but can learn from it and move forward.

Whether it's resolutions or goals, I think it's good to start the year off with a couple. Gives purpose to our lives. So I took some time to think about what I want to accomplish in this new year. Things I want to change, start, or continue. Here are my goals for 2015.


Draw closer to God. 
Honestly, this is a goal that will always be on the list. I know you can never fully reach this goal. But I know I can do much better than I did last year. Even in the last couple months I've slacked in going to church. That needs to stop. I want to make my faith a priority. I also purchased the Live Life Beautifully journal to help me during my quiet time.

Be a better wife.
My husband is amazing. I'm not just saying that to say that. He really is amazing. So many times I feel that I am not a good enough wife for him. Don't get me wrong. I'm not a horrible wife. I'm loving, loyal, supportive, caring etc. But I know there are areas I need to grow in and that is what I hope to achieve this year. I would say this is an on-going goal similar to my first one. Will always learn more about him and marriage as we grow older together.

Finish decorating our town home.
I have been living in this place for four years now and the only room I can truly say is "done" is the kitchen. For a gal that loves decorating that is a shame. I think I delayed really decorating this house because I always thought I would wait until we moved into our first home. Well still here and nothing has happened. So, that will change. I want to start with our master bedroom and bathroom. Then move on to my office (aka girl cave), living room, dining room, and foyer/entry.

Start my business. 
For years, I have been dreaming of starting my own business. Event Planning and Design. In 2014, I helped plan a wedding and was wedding coordinator of the day. I received such great feedback and even had people asking for my business card! If that isn't enough motivation to get me to put into work my dream, I don't know what is.

Save more. Shop less. 
During this holiday break from work, I was in full on cleaning mode. I had bags and boxes full of things to take to Goodwill. It was a harsh reminder that 1) I shop too much and 2) I hold on to things for too long. I have a retail therapy problem. I shop to relieve stress. The amount of shirts that I had to donate that still had price tags was embarassing. Granted, in my defense, a lot of the donations was due to my weightless and those clothes being to big now. Still not good. Now, this doesn't mean I will completely stop shopping because that's just silly talk. But I want to be wiser in the way I spend. Buy things I truly need and will use. Not just because it's on sale or red tag (darn you Target) and is a bargain you just can't pass. Instead of careless spending, I could have saved that money towards our home fund. That will change this year.

Live well. 
When I was diagnosed with my auto-immune disease in May, it gave healthy living a whole new meaning to me. I realized how my not so good eating and lack of exercise could have played into my health problems. From then on, we made it a point to really think about what we put into our bodies and to live an active lifestyle. I want to continue that into 2015. Don't stop, won't stop.

Cheers to 2015 and making things happen!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment