Saturday, January 3, 2015

Currently | January 2015

A typical January morning in Florida...

The view in the back of our home. 

LISTENING | Carrie Underwood's Greatest Hits album. I lost some of the CDs I had of her's during some moves I made and was so bummed. Happy to see that most of my faves from those CDs are on the greatest hits. Loving the two new songs for the album "Something in the water" and "Little Toy Guns".  And yes, I bought the actual CD. Call me old school but there are some albums I like to purchase in CDs. This is one of them.

READING | Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. I started reading this book as it was highly recommended to me. I'm ten chapters in and enjoying it so far. It is the story of Louis Zamperini, who went from being an Olympic athlete to an airman in WWII. This book is full of old pictures and illustrations from WWII. It's funny, when I was younger I couldn't care less about history, but now I appreciate it. I love reading biographies, watching the History channel and looking at old pictures. It's heartbreaking to read about how many young men were killed, not only during the actual fight, but during trainings! The planes they used then were much heavier and not as durable as they are now for war. Brings to life what these men and women that fight for country endure. True heros.

WATCHING |  The Twilight Saga weekend on FX. I love this movie. #sorrynotsorry It never fails, if it's on, you can bet my tush is glued to the couch. Yes, I own all movies and can watch it whenever I want. Still get sucked in (no pun intended) when it's on TV. Also, when ever I watch this movie, I want to go to Oregon and Washington. It's on my travel bucket list to visit one day.

WANTING |  I have been wanting this Elle Est Forte tee by She Is clothing. Based off of the Proverbs 31:25 Bible verse, "She is clothed with strength and dignity; She can laugh at the days to come". Love that verse. Plus, I'm really digging the simple tee with statement necklace look. This is perfect.

EATING | White Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal cookies with walnuts. Found this recipe on Pinterest and the Mr. baked them the other day. Oh my word, seriously, so good. And because they are oatmeal cookies, I tell myself they are healthier to eat.

DRINKING | Chai tea. I've been enjoying a cup in the evenings while reading a book or watching some TV. Perfect way to wind down and relax before bed.

DOING | I've been working on re-decorating our Master Bedroom. I have found some gems at my fave stores like Homegoods and TJ Maxx. This weekend we are painting over the brown accent wall we have in there. When I first moved in, I was all about accent walls. Slowly, I have been painting over them opting for a neutral color. Can't wait for it to be done!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment