Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Family Photos | December 2014

Hello! Super excited about this post. At the end of last month, we took our family photos. A good friend of mine, Taylor, is a photographer and co-owns a photography/videography business, Highlight Studios. I love her work and knew I wanted to hire her to take these pictures. Boy am I glad I went with her because these photos turned out amazing!! The lighting in these photos are absolute perfection.









We originally had this session scheduled in November as we had planned on using these for Christmas cards. Unfortunately, the first scheduled date was rained out, then the second scheduled date I was sick. Finally, we were able to get them done at the end of the month.

On the day of I was running around like a maniac at the mall for something to wear as the two outfits I originally planned to wear were for cooler weather. I would have melted in a long sleeve shirt and jeans! I found this dress at Charlotte Russe and accessorized with some items I had.

We knew we wanted to have the pictures in our neighborhood because we are surrounded by some pretty scenery. Also, given that we wanted to have our dogs in the pictures, we weren't sure how it was going to go and wanted the convenience of bringing them back into the house if needed. Sure glad we thought of that! These pups were a hot mess. Addie barking up a storm (no bigger surprise). Gracie eating dirt (she never does this)! Needless to say, we got in a few shots in the beginning and took them back in the house. Good grief!

Well worth, the reschedules, last minute shopping and chaos with the pups!

XO

1 comment:

  1. Such adorable dogs. Makes me miss my furry family back home.

    ReplyDelete