Sunday, September 6, 2015

Blog-tember Challenge: Day 6 | My Work Style

For this post, I thought I would focus on my work style. I work in a corporate office environment where the dress code is business casual. I'm a firm believer that you should dress the part that you want. I want to continue to move up in my career and I want my leaders to see that. Of course, in addition to dressing the part, there are other factors such as work ethic and other job skills that play a key part in job promotions. But how you dress is so important!

I'm pretty conservative in my style. My style icon is Kate Middleton.


Seriously, the girl could no wrong in my book. I may be easily swaded to buy a dress that reminds me of something she would wear.

I threw together a couple outfits that would be typical of what I would wear.




I've come to love wearing dresses because they make my mornings easy! Throw on a dress, pumps and accessories, done. I don't do a lot walking during the day, but the older I get, comfort starts to be greater than fashion. For shoes, if I wear pumps, I stick to smaller heels, or I do wedges. No platform shoes. Honestly, I feel like platform shoes is more appropriate for a girls night out versus office. That's just me.

As for accessories, I have a slight obsession with pearls. I have so many pearl earrings, necklaces, and bracelet. Again, classic look. But, I do like statement necklaces. If I am wearing something simple, I will add a statement necklace or earrings. I buy the majority of mine at the Loft outlet. I can find such great deals there.

I typically shop at the outlet mall for clothes. My fave stores are Ann Taylor, The Loft, Banana Republic. When not at the outlet mall, I will go to TJMaxx, Marshalls, and JCPenney. Funny enough. All the dresses above I found on H&M's website. Thinking I need to pay a visit there some time soon!

Brave Love Blog

4 comments:

  1. I like these professional looks. You have a great sense of style! I agree dressing the part definitely plays a part in climbing the corporate ladder.

    ReplyDelete