Sunday, May 15, 2016

Birthday Weekend at Disney

We spent the weekend at Disney's Coronado Springs resort for my birthday. As always, Disney never disappoints. I really liked this resort. For a girl that doesn't care for the beach, this was my kind of tropical vacation. There was an area that even had sand and hammocks under palm trees. I could get all the feels of a Cancun vacation minus the travel and crazies.


On Friday, we headed over to Epcot for the Flower and Garden Festival and to have dinner. By the time we got there, the sun was not as bright. Good for walking around, making the weather not scorching hot, but not so great for picture taking. All the pictures I took didn't give these arrangements justice. They were all pretty amazing.


Saturday, we basically stayed in and enjoyed the resort. We woke up and had breakfast then went to the fitness center for a workout. That's right, you read that right. I worked out on my vacation. There is a first for everything! I was so proud of myself. Even led me to make a smarter choice for lunch - salad.


After our workout, we freshened up, got in to our bathing suits and went to the pool to relax. What's nice about this resort is that it has several pools on property. There is the main pool where most families with children go to because it has a huge slide. Then there are smaller pools closer to the rooms where it was mainly older folks and quiet. Our kind of scene.


We had lunch and relaxed on one of the hammocks before going back to our room.


That evening, we washed up and on a whim headed to Disney Springs for dinner. We didn't make any reservations, so we were expecting to wait an hour or more for a seating. Much to our surprise, we found parking quickly and were seated immediately at Bongos. Call it birthday luck? 

After dinner, we went to Fantasia Gardens and Fairways Miniature Golf for a round. It was both fun and nostalgic for me. Brought back childhood memories of when my dad took me to play putt putt almost every week during the summer. 


When we got back to the hotel. we felt a little "wild" and had a couple drinks at the Rix lounge bar. I got the Birthday Caketini, of course. So, let me just say, we are not drinkers, and the few times I do drink, it's wine or sangria. I am not a fan of creamy liquor drinks. Needless to say, I had to force this one down. It did nothing for me. But it was cute. Umm, sprinkles?? Yes, please.


The next morning, we loaded up the car and finished off our weekend at Magic Kingdom. Again, love being pass holders. We can go to the park and stay a couple hours, then leave. 




Now we are back home. My birthday is actually tomorrow and we took the day off as well. The Mr. is in the kitchen preparing these birthday cake chocolate chip cookies to bake tomorrow for me. He's a definite keeper ;)

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment