Friday, July 15, 2016

Five Friday | No. 7

ONE | 15 year Legally Blonde Anniversary


Guys. Legally Blonde came out FIFTEEN years ago.... Seriously? I watched it the other night on TV!? This is on my all time top fave movies. I love that Reese Witherspoon even did a little commemoration of the anniversary on her IG Feed. She's so cute! Then I found this buzzfeed article, if Elle Woods Quotes were motivational quotes that I thought were fun and wanted to share.

TWO | OOTD posts on IG



This past week and weekend, I've been really good about taking OOTD pictures. Not only have I received a lot of great feedback for for my outfits, it's helped me in figuring out to wear because I don't have to think too hard on what I wore earlier in the week. Another thing I've noticed since documenting what I wear is that I have a lot of navy clothing. I really need to try and branch out to other colors when I shop. Haha.

THREE | Figuring It Out: Age Ain't Nothing But a Number...Right?

I read this article the other day and I know that it's something that I have struggled with at times. Constantly putting pressure on myself about what I think or thought my life should be in my 30's. I will say that I've gotten better now in my 30's than I was in my 20's. But it has definitely taken a lot of work to get here and I still have more to go!

FOUR | Personal Brand Activity



This week I attended a Personal Branding meeting at my work. The speakers shared on what personal brand is, the importance of one's personal brand, and how to develop the personal brand you wish to have at work or even outside of work. During this session, we did an activity, where everyone writes their name on the bag and put it aside. Then everyone writes three descriptive words about a person on a notecard for five people. There was a list of words that we could use or come up with our own. The cards would then be placed in that person's bag. The receiver of the cards would then see how other people describe them and if it matches what he/she believes is what other's see them. I've done this exercise before years ago in another department and was curious to see the feedback I received in this one. For the most part, I was happy to see that the brand and image I wish to have is what other's see. I did chuckle at the "non-confrontational" note. Let's just say that I've wisened up to the appropriate way to handle situations at work.

FIVE | Put Your Dongle Away Video


This video had my laughing when I watched it. We have "dongles" at my work and I cringe every time I say the word. This video pretty much says it all.

Happy Friday!

4 comments:

  1. Ohhhh, Legally Blonde! One of my FAVES!! I feel like I have LB quotes running through my head to this day!! #ibroughtsustinance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, YES to Legally Blonde! When I was preparing to take my LSAT, that moving was constantly running through my head! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, had I gone to law school, that would have been my life.

      Delete