Friday, July 8, 2016

Friday Five | No. 6

ONE | Hello new planner!


This was the first week using my new planner. This is from the Day Designer line at Target. My previous planner was also from this same line but the smaller version of the one I have now. Seriously, these planners are a Type A's dream come true. It has a breakdown of schedule (this one in particular is half hourly), to-do checklist, and notes. #plannersnob I was a little hesitant going with the larger size but now that I've been using it all week, I am so happy that I did! I have so much more space to write and don't have to run over lines and areas.  Last weekend, I got some cute washi tapes to decorate and add some personal touches.

TWO | Pink Tea Kettle


Isn't she lovely? I've been eyeing her for some time now every time I go to Homegoods, which is pretty much weekly. While we have been big tea drinkers for years now, we have never owned a tea kettle. We would either fill up the mug with water and throw into microwave or pour water into a small pot to heat on stove top. I really have no idea why it's taken us so long to purchase one of these, but we finally did it.

THREE | #WhatIReallyReallyWant



This video surfaced on Facebook the other day and I will admit, I was originally drawn to it because it's the Spice Girls song and yes, I was a Spice Girl fan. #teamposh Putting that detail aside, the video is part of a movement to be the voice for all women and girls and tell World Leaders what we really want. You can learn a little more about it here.

FOUR | Career FOMO

I came across this article on Facebook the other day and it's definitely something I could relate to. Thanks to social media, especially Instagram, I constantly have the feeling that my life is not good enough and put too much pressure on myself to be like other people. This article makes some great points. What people put out on social media is usually the best parts of their lives. Most people aren't going to be letting out their dirty laundry for all to see. Emphasis on the most, because I know very well that there are some people that yearn for attention and lay it all out for all to see to get the sympathy of others. I think this article gives some great advice on how to manage the "fear of missing out" when scrolling through those posts on Instagram or Facebook.

FIVE | Exercise at your work desk


Another video that popped in my Facebook feed this week. While I'm not sure I would feel comfortable doing these exercises at my desk at work, I do agree that it's important to get some physical activity throughout the work day if you have a desk job. So many studies have been done on the effects of having a desk job has on one's health and the importance of getting some physical activity in our daily routine. I know when I first started my job right after college, I quickly gained that "freshmen 15" that I skipped during college. I went from being on my feet every day walking the campus from class to class and chasing kids at the daycare I work at to sitting at a desk for 8 hours a day. It catches up to you! I now try to make it to the gym at least four times a week to get some cardio in and I'm more conscious on what I eat. If you are like me, and don't feel comfortable with this whole exercise at your desk routine, some other options to get some activity throughout the work day are taking a walk during your lunch break, using the stairs at your office, or taking the long way to the restroom.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

9 comments:

  1. I go tot Home Goods weekly too! That teapot is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I always find little gems at Home Goods!

      Delete
  2. ahh that store is the best! and that teapot! the cutest! happy friday friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Homegoods and that kettle is adorable! I keep eyeing kettles at Target since I have an electric tea kettle but the whistle kettles are so much more home-y. I love your new planner. I just grabbed a simplified planner which is a similar set up and I can't wait for August 1st when I can use it all the time! Jess at Just Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am loving the tea kettle! A great purchase in my books :)

      Love the simplified planners too. I just struggle with the price tag! Of course, if the Day Designer hadn't come out with this Target line, I would have splurged on it too!

      Delete
  4. I just got an awesome, big planner from Target too! I feel like it's helped me not feel so stressed when I can see everything I need to do for the week written out in front of me, so I'm loving it so far. Visiting from the linkup, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I have so much space to write and it's not so overwhelming looking. You have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  5. I just got an awesome, big planner from Target too! I feel like it's helped me not feel so stressed when I can see everything I need to do for the week written out in front of me, so I'm loving it so far. Visiting from the linkup, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete