Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Read | Three Books

I have been in a reading kick lately. I finished three books in the past month which is not usual for me.


The Go-Getter Girl's Guide by Debra Shigley

This was a good and easy read. While I think it's more beneficial to someone who is just starting in their career, I found it to be helpful and have a lot of takeaways for myself. She touches on various areas of one's career including networking, fashion, continued learning, etc. Provided real stories of Go-Getter Girls and how they made their career goals happen. There are activities where you can write and tips & tricks. I appreciated the golden nuggets that were sprinkled throughout the book.

Leadership and Self-Deception by The Arbinger Institute

This book I read as part of a book club where I work. So the way this book is written was a little weird for me. It's a professional development book but in story format which, honestly, I struggled with. The main concept of this book is about being "outside of the box", where you essentially put others first, instead of "in the box" where you put yourself first. It's a good message but I felt that it was repetitive.

The Art of Non-Conformity by Chris Guillebeau

I heard about this author and book one day while listening to my favorite podcast, The True Performance Show - by Ziglar. Kevin Miller and Tom Ziglar interviewed Chris and I was so intrigued by his message. His message is you don't have to live your life according to what everyone else says you should. You can live your dream if you put all your efforts towards it. His journey is a true example that this can be done. I finished this book in less than a week. Every time I read it, I felt motivated and wanted to read more. He made me feel that it's not too late to start working towards my dream and even it's a little bit at a time. Highly recommend this book!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment