Monday, July 11, 2016

Weekend | July 9 and 10

Saturday

After my morning workout, I cleaned up and went to a nail salon opened up nearby my house and I went to go test it out. Okay, the Type A in me was so excited to see all the nail polish arranged by color and brand. Be still my beating heart. I believe I've found a new nail place.

The rest of the day was pretty low key. I went to a couple stores then back home. We have been having the normal thunderstorms in the second half of the day, so we stayed home and chilled.

Sunday

After church, we went over to South Tampa Hyde Park for brunch at Piquant. I had the banana bread french toast which was delicious!


We walked around a bit and visited some of the shops. I love going to the Paper Source shop. It's a stationary lovers dream. The store front decor alone made me happy. I got a couple items that were on sale and have my eye on a flamingo lamp. Hopefully they will put that on sale soon!

When we got back home, we watched the final game for the UEFA 2016, Portugal vs France. I don't really follow soccer, the husband is more the soccer fan in our household, but I do like to watch bigger game events like this. I was rooting for the underdogs, Wales and Iceland, but were out during quarter and semi-finals. Btw, Iceland's fans were amazing! I wanted to be in the crowd with them!


While watching the game, I whipped out my painting supplies to paint this owl for my grandmother, who loves owls. She hasn't been doing to well healthwise lately, in the hospital right now, so I want to take her something to bring a smile to her face. 

1 comment: