Monday, August 15, 2016

Weekend | August 13 & 14

Hello friends and hello Monday. This past weekend was the busiest weekend that I've had in weeks!

DIY iPad/Cookbook Stand


On Friday, I had a girl's night planned with my friend at our favorite place, Nook and Cranny.  They offer sessions where people can come and create DIY pieces of out wood providing all materials, tools and stencils. These sessions book up so quickly! I just looked at the remaining sessions for August and they are all booked! We signed up for the iPad/cookbook stand.

I am not too crazy about how mine turned out. Trying to stain the smaller areas of the base wasn't easy and caused me to apply more stain than I would have liked. Either way, still had fun and I'm sure we (we as in the husband) will get great use of out it for meal prep on Sundays.

Baby Shower for Elizabeth & Dylan


One of my long time friends is expecting a little bundle of joy and her besties hosted the sweetest shower on Saturday. She and her sweetheart both work in the marine exploration field and are big fans of the beach, so it was no surprise that the theme was nautical. It was such a cute shower and the Momma-to-Be and baby are very loved because they received a ton of gifts!

PSA: If you are thinking about purchasing a pack 'n play as your gift, have it shipped to the house. I didn't realize the size and weight of the box when I had it delivered to my place. Wrapping it was fun (had to use Christmas wrapping paper) and carrying it into the place in the FL heat was even better! 

Sunday was a chill day and the usual meal prep day which was needed after a weekend full of activities!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment