Saturday, October 22, 2016

Travel | Newport, Rhode Island

This is my last post from our Fall vacation. Sigh.

We drove down to Newport, Rhode Island to tour the mansions. A friend of mine recommended this place to me because she knows our love of the Biltmore Mansion and the history of it. I am so happy that she brought this place to my attention because it was one of my favorite days!


We purchased the five house pass and were able to visit four: Rosecliff, Marble House, Breakers and Chateaus-Sur-Mer.

Rosecliff
At the Rosecliff, Marble House and Breakers, they provided audio tours which I love being able to hear the stories of these homes. I know, I'm a nerd. I mean, look at us. We were made for each other. <3


The inner feminist in me appreciated these "Votes for Women" souvenirs. I loved the quote "Well behaved women rarely make history".


This was the beautiful view behind the majority of the mansions as they were off the water. I am not a big water person, but I would not mind waking up to this view in the mornings.


Marble House
 After touring the Marble House, we headed over to the area that had a lot of shops and restaurants for lunch.


Of course, I had to have a cup of clam chowder soup, because that is a must when in New England.


After lunch we continued our mansion tour...

The Breakers
Guys. The Breakers. WOW. Just wow. Them Vanderbilts certainly new home to build elaborate homes. Which we should have known considering that the Biltmore was from the Vanderbilt lineage. It was so grand on the inside.
Chateau-Sur-Mer
After having tour the first three homes, seeing the Chateau was just ehh. Which from the outside it looks awesome and probably had we seen this house first, it would have looked more impressive. So, if you ever take a trip to visit these places, start with the Chateau first.

Again, that wraps up the posts from my Fall vacation. Seriously, the best trip! If you missed any of the previous posts, here are the links:

Portsmouth
Lake Winnipesaukee and Flume Gorge
Salem
Boston

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment