Thursday, November 24, 2016

Grateful Heart

Taking a moment here to stop and reflect on all the blessings in my life. It's so easy to get caught up on the mundane routine of adulting and lose sight of the important things in life. This day makes me really stop and think about how much I am blessed with.

Starting off with my amazing husband, who is currently in the kitchen baking banana bread from scratch. Could I ask for anything more?? Guys. I really hit the jack pot with him. He is too good to me and sometimes (more like most times) I don't feel like I deserve him. So many times he has proven that his love for me is unconditional. The way he loves on our dogs and takes care of them proves to me that he will be an AMAZING father one day to our children.

There are so many other things that I am grateful for - my Jesus, my job (even if at times it drives me nuts), my home, my family, my church, my freedom to practice my faith, my country, my friends... The list continues. So easy to take everything for granted, to complain about things I don't have, to wish I had more, but there are people in the world, our country, our community that don't have all of this. I don't want to be that person that lives in a bubble and is oblivious to the pain and suffering that is happening in this world.

I am grateful and humbled for what the Lord has blessed me with and I pray for the same blessings over those who are lost, suffering, hungry, and in need.

Friends, I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving day with your friends and family. If you are one of those Black Friday shoppers, good luck tomorrow morning! To all my Gilmore Girls fans, less than 24 hours to go!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment