Sunday, February 5, 2017

GALentine's Soiree 2017

Yesterday, I hosted my first GALentine's party with some of my fave gal pals. I've seen these sorts of shin-digs on pinterest and blogs for years and always wanted to host my own. I had some ladies over to enjoy chocolate fondue and wine.

Here are some pics of the details.



So, those who know me, KNOW that anything kitchen related is NOT a strength of mine. The good Lord blessed me with a husband who is a great cook and baker, so I do not mess with all that non-sense. See, because when I do, something is bound to going wrong.

Chocolate fondue.

I followed this recipe, STEP BY STEP. While it was in the sauce pan, it looked great. Once I transferred it to the fondue pot is where things took a turn for the worst. It was my first time using the fondue maker because I bought it specifically for this night. When I set it to "warm" it made the chocolate bubble, which you don't want happening! I immediately turned it off but there was no turning back, y'all. The chocolate began to separate and it got very oily. Then it started looking not so appetizing. I was so thrown off by the oil. Where in the world did the oil come from?! There was no oil in the recipe. EPIC FAIL. See picture below.


After several SOS texts to the Mr. from not only me, but friends who were cracking up, he came home to the rescue with more chocolate from the store and re-made the chocolate.


I am still trying to figure out what went wrong. We have a couple theories...

1) I bought the wrong kind of chocolate. I bought chocolate chips instead of the baker's chocolate bar.
2) The dang fondue maker made the chocolate bubble which caused it to separate.

Thoughts??

In the end, we had a great time, chatting, eating and drinking some red wine! First time in the books. Can't wait for future ones.

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment