Friday, July 7, 2017

Friday Five | No. 17

ONE | Summer Vacations


If you missed, I shared with you all some tid bits of our summer vacation in St. Augustine. You can read about it here. It was so nice having the extra days off from work for the 4th of July and only having a two day work week. Although I will say, it wasn't easy getting up Thursday morning for work!

TWO | Britney Spears Las Vegas


It's official! I purchased my ticket to go see my girl Britney Spears in Vegas next month!! I am going for a convention for work and extended my stay there to have a little girls weekend with a friend. She is a huge Britney fan like moi so this was an obvious must do while in Vegas. Excuse me while I brush up on my vocals and dance moves...

THREE | Beauty and the Beast


I have been dying to watch this movie since it was first announced that they were making it. Sadly, I didn't get the chance to see it while it was in theatres. I told myself that once it was out in DVD I would be purchasing and watching it. Well, I watched it Tuesday evening and it did not disappoint! I loved the animation and love that there was singing! On the DVD, there is an option to watch the movie and sing-along.... we know what I will be doing this weekend...

FOUR | Nude Pumps

As I briefly mentioned above, I will be attending a convention in Las Vegas next month and I have begun doing some purchases here and there for clothes and shoes. I have been in need of new nude pumps and tried a couple places then found these at Dillards. Not only are they comfortable with a not so ridiculously high heel, but they were on sale too! Win, win!

FIVE | My faux fig leaf tree



We have been living in our house for over two years now and I am STILL working on decorating it. I have a vision but always struggle finding what I want for a decent price tag. Money don't grow on trees y'all!

One of the areas I have been working on is our "foyer". I have a table and mirrors from Ballard's that I absolutely love, but wanted to add some type of greenery. After what felt like years of searching for a fake fig leaf tree that didn't cost an arm and a leg, I finally found one at Hobby Lobby. I would scour online sites like Wayfair for a decent one with good reviews that I didn't need to sell my soul to afford and always ended up empty handed. Well, when I saw this little guy at Hobby Lobby and saw the orange 30% off tag, I knew it was meant to be mine. The basket I found this weekend at Homegoods for $15 and I am really diggin' the look. This weekend I want to go to Michael's to get something to put on the base to give the tree a little more height and then add some fillers.

XO


2 comments:

  1. Beauty and the Beast was probably my favorite Disney movie growing up. I definitely need to watch the new one! And those nude pumps are beautiful! Stopping by from Five on Friday! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my childhood favorite as well! Being the "odd" girl growing up and always in the library with my mom, I was totally able to relate! HAHA.

      Thanks for the love!

      Delete