Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Travel | St. Augustine Beach

Happy 4th of July friends!!


Aren't we just the cutest? In our matching Patriotic attire... Holla at Old Navy for their $2 women's tanks and $4 dollar men's tees. 

We just got back from our three night stay in St. Augustine Beach. We stayed at this cute little rental that was in walking distance to the beach and restaurants off the A1A. Seriously, the BEST location.


We went to the beach the second day we were there for a couple hours in the morning. That was enough beach time for me. I am not a huge beach fan, so the close proximity made it perfect for the Mr. to go take a dip in the water while I stayed indoors reading a book.


We also did a little sightseeing in the historic district, visiting the fort and taking a stroll down George St. Guys, the Florida heat was at an all time high. We I did not last very long. After grabbing a bite to eat, we made our way back to our rental.


If I'm to be honest with you, the historic part of St. Augustine is alright. We visited once, back in 2010, and I was looking forward to visiting again. But after having traveled to so many places, I was perhaps a little disappointed with the historic part. The restaurant selection was ehh to me. Typically, I flood people's IG and Facebook feeds with all the different foods we eat on vacation and this time, the food posts were minimal. So that was a bummer.

It also felt very dirty to me. Probably that dirtiness was heightened because of the extreme heat.

Aside from the food game being weak, the trip overall was nice and needed. Very relaxing. I was able to lounge around and do some reading. Also got myself a nice little tan.

The Mr. and I both agree that if we do a vacation up there again, staying next to the beach is the way to go.

Added bonus is that it's only a three hour drive from our place. We left late morning and got home early afternoon. Leaving us plenty of time to settle back in at home and go out for a late lunch. What's even better is that we have tomorrow off as well, so the vacation fun continues on for one more day!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment