Friday, August 4, 2017

Friday Five | No. 19

Hello friends! Not only is it Friday but it's my last work day before I'm off for a week! I am ready to knock this Friday out!

ONE | Nordstrom Debacle



So earlier this week I was NOT to happy with Nordstrom. I received an email from them that my #NSale purchase was cancelled because the item was not available when the order was processed. WTF. Like, why not just say, it's on back order, we'll get it to you when it's back available. Nope. So, I called their customer service which isn't something I normally do. I typically hate going customer service and complaining. But this time things were a little different as I had redeemed some recognition reward money I received at work to get this gift card for these boots specifically. I don't typically shop at Nordstrom and most certainly wouldn't have chosen Nordstrom for my gift card if it weren't for the #NSale. Well, after talking to the customer representative, he searched for another location that had the boots I wanted and gave me the number. I called that location, purchased the boots and now they are here and I am in love. Worth the extra calls.

TWO | Packing List for Vegas


T minus two days before I fly out to Vegas for the ALPFA convention/Girls Weekend Trip. I haven't actually started packing but I have started on my packing list. Seriously, guys, my toiletries list alone is long. Like I don't understand how people can travel in a small luggage for a week long trip. My toiletries alone can fill a carry on.

THREE | 12 Accents in 3.5 minutes video

I happened to come across this video of this gal that is a dialect coach and can speak using all sorts of accents. Not gonna lie, I was kinda mesmerized. Top faves are the Transatlantic and Old South. *sigh* Shame that these are both accents that are non-existent or almost there.

FOUR | How Successful People Spend Their Weekends Article

I saw this article on Facebook and thought it had some great tips, some of which I do already! There are some that I need to add to my weekend routine as well, like getting up at the usual time.

FIVE | Tax Free Weekend for Back to School

Who's excited?! Yes, I know, I don't go to school, but who said you can't get excited for back to school shopping when it's tax free? I take advantage of this sale to stock up on office supplies that I really don't need but want. I also like to purchase school supplies to donate and take advantage of this weekend to do that shopping.



XO

2 comments:

  1. Okay I totally got lost in that accents video and watched it at least twice and then sent it to my family being like..you HAVE to watch this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I've probably watched it like twenty times since seeing it for the first time this week!

      Delete